At BodyVerde, we’re all about getting back to basics, in skin care and in life.
With that in mind, here are five simple tips from MayoClinic.com that anyone can follow for healthier, younger-looking skin. We provide them as a quick and easy reminder for you or anyone in your life – hopefully you can feel good that you’re already doing all of these things!
1. Protect yourself from the sun. While not all of us can stay out of the sun from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, it’s easy enough to wear protective clothing and use sunscreen. (For tips on how to find one with fewer harsh chemicals, go to www.ewg.org/2010sunscreen). “A lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, freckles, age spots and rough, dry skin,” summarizes MayoClinic.com.
2. Don’t smoke. This is perhaps the quickest way to look and feel older.
3. Treat your skin gently. Take shorter showers, use gentle cleansers, shave carefully, pat dry and moisturize dry skin, the article advises. Try using preservative and chemical free natural skin care so only good ingredients absorb in to nourish skin.
4. Eat a healthy diet. Try a simple green drink during the day (Barlean's makes a good one) so you get your water and some greens at the same time to boost alkalinity.
5. Manage stress. Treat yourself to a massage, do deep breathing in a quiet place or visit an acupuncturist to get your body energized and flowing properly.
Read the full article. Without these good habits in place, you simply can’t get the best results from any natural skin care products, period. What do you think – is this list complete, or would you add other tips to it?